NEWS ON THE NON-AVAILABILITY OF NEW YAMAHA OUTBOARD ENGINES
MID OCTOBER 2021
- Yamaha UK, across all of their models in their well-liked outboard engine range, are now experencing very severe global supply chain issues and especially long delays.
- These delays are being experienced here in Yorkshire, throughout the rest of the UK and indeed throughout the rest of the world: so now including Lancashire.
- These delays are being caused by a very-nasty combination of Covid-related factory / manufacturing delays; then Brexit buggering up much of Yamaha's Europe-wide supply chain and especially its warehousing / logistics; general lockdown-ittus / inefficency etc over the past eighteen months; and especially the impact of the ongoing global shipping crisis upon all deliveries which are supposed to be arriving by container ship into Europe from the Far East (Important note: the words Far East, when used in this context, means the island nation of "Japan": not the remote Yorkshire city of Hull.....Also, in this post-Brexit world, Europe should now be descibed as the "Near East").
- It is now being regularly reported to us that potential new Yamaha customers are experiencing delay of over six months, and up to a year, on the planned delivery of most new Yamaha outboard engines. This is for engines which have already been required / ordered by customers who are living up here in this, the most-pleasant half, of the northern part of the UK.
- Accordingly, we here at Pennine Marine are not now advertising any prices, nor even the availabiity, of any new Yamaha outboard engines in late 2021 and well into mid/late 2022.
- This policy will be maintained until further notice.
- We do not want to promise what is simply not available.....at any cost.....
- That may change when the international supply chain situation improves.
- We do fully appreciate that this is not good news for all of you loyal "Yammie" fans out there: either lving in Yorkshire and even in Lancashire.....
OUR SERVICING OF EXISTING CUSTOMER'S YAMAHA OUTBOARD ENGINES
- We must stress that our Yamaha servicing and spares etc operations here in Ilkley still running.
- They are, generally, all OK.
- However Yamaha spare parts arriving here are frequently delayed.
- Therefore we are now asking all of our existing service customers, so all of our loyal customers who now have existing Yamaha outboard engines, to be be pleeeeeeeeasssssse be patient with us.......and also please not to shout at us down the phone.....
- All in all, it is quite incredible to think back to when the Chinese imitation of that legendary 1980's heavy-metal rocker Ozzy Osbourne did what he did - so when he performed at a tribute concert in front of a heavy-metal music festival in the city of Wuhan back in November 2019 - that just one ill-considered bat-bite has now caused the UK to run out of firstly toilet paper, then petrol, then sandwiches at Tesco and now even a severe shortage of Yamaha outboard engines......
- Explanitory note. For those of you who all are too young to really appreciate the significance of that last joke - which I think will "probably" be most young people under the age of fifty - please ask your Dad to explain it to you......
- Normal service will - HOPEFULLY - be resumed when the Earth once-again starts spinning properly - every 24 hours - around its vertical polar axis.......
THEREFORE ALL OF THE THE INFORMATION LISTED BELOW ON THIS WEBSITE PAGE IS THEREFORE OUR "CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION". LEGALLY: IT IS NOT OUR "OFFER TO SELL"
Yamaha outboard engine for sale, from us here at Pennine Marine in Ilkley, Yorkshire.
Based here in Yorkshire, near the border with Lancashire, we are northern England's largest and best equiped marine outboard engine dealership.The Yamaha outboard engine range has traditionally been an extremely popular mid-range of four-stroke outboard engines: which were all developed out of their excellent "earlier era" two-stroke engines.The Yamaha outboard engine range are generally excellent all-rounders, with good power characteristics, nice and light handling, good fuel economy and superb reliability. However they do not come cheap.....
Seen here is a brand-new F50 engine, suspended in mid-air in one of Yamaha's own publicity images. However, for the real-life images, please see below.