OUTBOARDS BF4 AND BF6 - SPECIAL SALE JANUARY 2023
Short shaft Honda BF4 and BF 6 models in stock: see below.
Prices stated here (below) will apply only to certain Honda outboard engines ordered from Pennine Marine after 7th January 2023
Product Page Title: OVERVIEW
OUTBOARDS BF4 AND BF6 - SPECIAL SALE JANUARY 2023
Our January 2023 sale prices on the three of most popular Honda 4hp 6hp outboard engine models: Honda BF4 & BF6.
Special Janauary 2023 sales prices "on the water" prices for just three of most-popular short-shaft, tiller-steer (handle) Honda outboard engines:
- Honda BF4 S - 4hp = 1,050.00 incl VAT - (short shaft)
- Honda BF6 S - 6hp = 1,250.00 incl VAT - (short shaft))
- Honda BF6 L - 6hp = 1,350.00 incl VAT - 1no only (long shaft)
These special January 2023 sale prices are all including UK VAT and PDI.
Collected from here. (Home delivery, if required, will be quoted).
To order your brand new Honda outboard engine please contact us by phone, e-mail or (and this is really old-fashioned this next one...) by walking into our showroom in Ilkley.
- UK (0044) 0113 532 8575.
- Ilkley, Yorkshire, LS29 8JZ.
We accept all legal forms of payment and all types of debit and credit cards (Not Russian credit cards: however all those from Lancashire are very welcome!)
These prices listed above include both VAT and the Honda PDI: so that your new engine will be ready to use immediately on the water (just add fuel). Please allow us a few days to prepare your new Honda, 4hp and 6hp engines. We need this simply because our workshop is always busy.
OUR OFFER - HONDA 4hp, 5hp and 6hp engines - NEW HONDA OUTBOARDS
Our special offer of just incl. VAT for a brand new Honda BF outboard engine - some of the best quality 4hp to 6hp outboard engines to be found on the UK market today.
Our offer on the range of Honda BF4, BF5 and BF6 outboard engines includes UK VAT at 20% and the Honda PDI (PDI = pre-delivery inspection)) is undertaken in our workshops. Therefore your new Honda outboard engine is sold from here ready to use on the water. just add petrol....turn on...and twist and go....
Delivery can be arranged to UK or Europe - however delivery / shipping is charged extra. If you want your new Honda outbiard engine delivered, we will run and PDI the engine here, then we drain the oil. We supply you with a one litre bottle of new oil, which you will need to fill up once the courier has delivered your new Honda outboard engine to your home. Because we have most stanard Honda outbiard engine in our bulk stock, we offer a very quick UK home delivery service - usually within a week.
You might well ask yourself - "How can Pennine Marine be so cheap on selling new Honda outboard engines????"
We are in Yorkshire, where we live in back-to-back houses and work all hours in the dark mill. Our only hobby is wippett racing (and whippets don't eat much !!!!). Joking apart, as anybody who has been here will testify, we have a modern and very well organised facility. Secondly we are one of the biggest outboard engine dealerships in the UK, so we are able to buy in bulk, which gives us a significant discount. Being from Yorkshire, we pass these savings onto our customers, thus giving you the best prices on new Honda outboard engines.
For all leisure users, the new Honda BF outboard engine for sale here at Pennine Marine comes with a five year warranty.
For all commercial users, the new Honda BF outboard engine comes with a two year limited hours warranty.
There are terms and conditions for the Honda warranty on your new 4hp, 5hp or 6hp outboard engine. Your new Honda outboard engine needs to be serviced regularly, by any Honda approved outboard engine dealership, using only genuine Honda parts.
The very popular Honda 4hp, 5hp and 6hp outbioard engine is steered and controlled by the tiller handle. There are no remote steering versions of the Honda 4hp, 5hp and 6hp outboard engines.
This Honda 4hp, 5hp and 6hp outboard engine is a manual pull-start engine. There are no electric start options of the Honda 4hp, 5hp, 6hp engines: not that you will need one because they are so easy to start.
This lightweight 4hp to 6hp Honda outboard engine is "probably" the most popular ranges of outboard engine model for sale in the UK today.
For good and practical customer reviews of the Honda 4hp, 5hp and 6hp outboard engine, please see websites such as E-bay, Boat and Outboards, various blue-water crusing blogs and Ribnet
On the Honda BF4 to BF 6 outboard range there are the full range of features that you would expect on such a well-made Japanese small outboard. There a simple lever-operated system on the side of this outboard engine for putting it into and out of gear. There is a reverse gear on the side of the Honda engine, thus allowing the whole boat and engine to go astern easily. Therefore you can you can drive your boat smartly astern with this Honda outboard in complete safety and basically using the same controls and power settings as you would use when normally driving forward.
The one and a half (1.5l) litre built-in fuel tank on the Honda outboard engine gives a better than normal range for a small outboard engine: this being about 50% larger than its most typical competitors 4hp to 6hp engines. Given the good fuel economy that these types of modern four-stroke engines now give, this internal tanks is almsot always a more-than-adequete range and tank size for a small 4hp to 6hp engine.
The key feature of the Hondai BF4, BF5 to BF6 range is that all models weighs in at only about 27kg (note: short shaft / lightest model) - thus making it one of the lightest range of this size outboard engines on the UK market today Therefore this Honda model outboard 4-stroke engine is so light that you'll forget that it's a 4-stroke! With a big and very ergonomical carrying handle, this Honda outboard engine is easily lifted on and off a tender or pontoon.
The Honda BF4 to BF6 range has water-cooling
The tilt positions (4no) ensure that you can set this Honda engine to match your boat's requirements.
There are now in 2021 several different models of the Honda range
- The short (S) shaft version - BF--S model -which has been around for years and is the best seller.
- There is then also ths Honda long shaft model, the Honda BF--L.
The standard propeller is alloy.
The techinical Honda 4hp to 6hp outboard engine is as follows:
- Honda - shaft length: short shaft "S":- = 434mm
- Honda - shaft length : long shaft "L" = 561mm
- Weights; 27kg (27.5kg for long)
- Bore x Stroke: 60mm x 45mm
- Propeller Selection (pitch):
- Starting System: Manual pull cord (recoil)
- Engine Type: OHV
- Fuel Delivery System: Carburettor
- No. Of Cylinders: 1no
- Ignition System: Digital
- Maximum Output: tbc
- Full throttle Operating range - 4hp & 5hp - 4,500 to 5,500rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range: 6hp - 5,000 to 6,000rpm
- Steering: Tiller
- Engine Mounting: Bushing Type
- Trim Method: Manual Trim and Tilt: 5 stages
- Gear Ratio:tbc
- Gear Shift: F-N -R)
- Exhaust: to water
HONDA BF4, BF5 and BF6 ENGINE. ERVICE INTERVALS.
- The service interval on the Honda 4hp to 6hp outboard engines is initially after 20 hour for the first (minor) service.
- This first service is at the end of the running-in period
- Then (after that initial servicing) for your new Hoda outboard engine you will then need either an annual service: or a service after every 100 hours of operation.
- Most leisure users (except sailing clubs) will probably be on the annual service cycle.
The service interval on the Honda BF4 to BF6 outbioard engine is normally annually, or after every 100 hours of operation.
- For the Honda BF4 to BF6 outboard engine, the full Honda "genuine parts" boxed service kit is available from ourselves.
- This allow you to do your own home servicing of this Honda engine.
- We can supply this Honda BF genuine parts and service kit either with or without the engine and gearbox oil.
- Honda genunine parts kit for routine servicing of a BF4,5,6 engine, any year (please give us your engine number)
- Honda BF4 to BF6 SERVICE KIT (collected) without oils = incl VAT
- UK MAINLAND POSTAGE = 10.00
YOUR OWN HONDA ENGINE'S UNIQUE SERIAL NUMBER
- We supply all outboard engine service parts, including the Honda BF genuine parts kits, specifically for a named / identified Honda engine.
- Please note that on the Honda BF4,5,6 as with most outboard engines, there are some very slight differences between the service parts needed / specified on different production batches.
- That is why we insist on always having your own unique serial numbers, rather than using a "generic quote".
- This ensures you get exactly the right parts for your own 4hp, 5hp, 6hp engine - with no mistakes and no "near misses" !
Therefore we need your own outboard engine's unique serial number.........
- This unique number is found on the "identification plate on the side of the engine mounting bracket.
HONDA BF4; BF5 and BF6 ENGINE - WORKSHOP SERVICING IN ILKLEY.
also known as .......you can let us do all the dirty work for you...
For the Honda BF4, BF5, and BF6 outboard engines; the full annual service available here in our approved Ilkley workshop includes:
- we then carry out a full visual assessment of your engine
- we then carry out a running "power on in the test tank" - to check for any running faults
ALL STANDARD SERVICE ITEMS ARE THEN CHECKED AND REPLACED WITH NEW PARTS AS FOLLOWS:
All as per Honda BF4 to BF6 outboard engine servicing manual recommendations. Only genuine Honda parts are used throughout.
- Replacing the spark plug.
- Replacing all oil filters.
- Replacing all fuel filters.
- Changing both the engine and gearbox oils.
- Checking all engine anodes (both internal and external anodes) - and replacing all worn anodes if necessary.
- Changing all gaskets and seals (taken off during service) with all-new seals and gaskets.
- Please note that all old/removed parts are made available for our customers to inspect (before we dispose of them)
- We then throughly lubricate all moving parts inside the engine - as per the Honda recommendations
- We complete each service with a through safety check of each engine - as per the Honda recommendations
- This includes checking the operation of the vital kill cord / emergency kill swich
- On computerised engines, we then check all data logs and log these onto our system
- We then run the engine throughly in our test tank
STANDARD HONDA BF4 to BF6 OUTBOARD SERVICING COST IN WORKSHOP - ITEMISED BREAKDOWN
Please note that this assumes there are no known running faults; repairs nor damaged items):
- PARTS - all new Honda genunine BF4 to BF6 service parts = incl. VAT =
- OILS: oils, lubricants and grease consumable items for Bf2.3 = inc. VAT =
- LABOUR: 2 hours per 4hp, 5hp or 6hp engine (Honda trained technician) = included =
- VAT at 20% = included above
- (note: Honda service without VAT = 0)
- STANDARD HONDA : ANNUAL SERVICE OR 100 hours: TOTAL including VAT = TBA
- TRAVEL TO SITE - if required, travel out will depend on distance from Ilkley Please add on separately
HONDA BF4 to BF6 SERVICE KITS (HONDA GENUINE MARINE PARTS KIT)
The new Honda BF4 to BF6 range is a good, well-built and reliable series of outboard engine. The Honda 4hp, 5hp and 6hp are three very simple and straightforward four-stroke outboard engine.
The Honda BF4 is a very popular outboard engine and it is one the UK’s two best-sellers in this catagory. This Honda 4hp engine being a best seller is for a couple of very good reasons, namely that it is both lightweight, but also, being a Honda, it is reliable and with now known vices nor reliability issues
All three of these engines - Honda 4hp, 5hp, 6hp - are well-liked by our customers becuase of their inherent portability.
Scan here for small Honda outboard engines.