At just 2.5hp the Yamaha F2.5 B outboard engine is the smallest outboard in the Yamaha range.
However even the shortest boat rides can turn into big adventures with the Yamaha F2.5 B outboard engine - so get out and enjoy the ride. The Yamaha 4-stroke outboard engine is a very high quality 2.5hp outboard unit, so light you can carry it to the water or lift them onto the deck of your main craft.
In Pennine Marine's opinion the Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine - at 2.5hp Yamaha's smallest motor - is an excellent outboard engine which is very well made and will give you years of great service.
Product Page Title: OVERVIEW
At just 2.5hp the Yamaha F2.5 B outboard engine is the smallest outboard in the Yamaha range.
The Yamaha F2.5 B is steered and controlled by the tiller handle and it is a manual pull start engine. On this Yamaha 2.5hp outboard engine there is a simple lever-operated system for forward and reverse gears. The built-in fuel tank gives a sensible range for a small 2.5hp outboard engine. The weight of the Yamaha F2.5 outboard is 17kg.
THE YAMAHA 2.5HP ENGINE IS AN ALL-SILVER COLOUR FOR 2018 AND RE-STYLED HOOD
Inside the lightweight portable shell, the Yamaha F2.5 single cylinder outboard engine is a 4-stroke 2.5hp outboard packed full of pioneering Yamaha technology. Superb handling, manoeuvrability and reliability come as standard with a Yamaha F2.5 outboard.
With a large, comfortable carry-handle, this Yamaha 2.5hp is also incredibly easy to handle and convenient to lft on and off, especially if you are hanging right over the side of your larger boat and you also trying to get your wife (note to myself: are we allowed to say that these days..?) to catch your brand-new 2.5hp Yamaha outboard engine whilst she is standing up inside the wobbling tender. All joking apart, the excellent ergenoic design of the Yamaha 2.5hp engine, especially the large carrying handle and its light weight (17kg for the short shaft) do make this a truely portable outboard engine.
The yamaha F2.5 is ideal a simple and very portable engine, and with Yamaha's proven quality control, this is definitely an 2.5hp engine that is well-liked by the discerning client of Pennine Marine (note to self: do we have any other type of client...???)
There is also enough punch to get you where you want to go, even for a small 2.5hp = we would say that is the Yamaha manufacturer's publicity blurb. As usual, please always read the small print in the terms and conditions which apply; please do not expect to outrun either tidal waves nor killer sharks with your new Yamaha 2.5hp engine. If you want or need to do that sort of thing - outrun sharks and tidal waves etc - please give us a call here at Pennine Marine and we will always advise you to buy a larger and faster Yamaha outboard engine.... as even if it is fitted with a better propeller the Yamaha 2.5hp is not really cut out for that sort of thing...... if you know what we mean.....
We would however say that applying the Yamaha F2.5-powered ride turns any excursion on the water into great fun. The Yamaha 2.5hp does have user-friendly controls, and vibration-free performance the F2.5 adds a new dimension to small boat adventures and as a good quality 2.5hp marine engine. All in all, this Yamaha is an ideal auxiliary or tender engine for discerning yacht and motor-cruiser owners.
There are just two models of the Yamaha F2.5B outboard engine - the short (S) and the long (L) shaft versions.
- Yamaha F2.5 S - 2.5hp, tiller steering, short shaft outboard engine
- Yamaha F2.5 L - 2.5 hp, tiller steering, long shaft outboard engine
On this 2.5hp outboard engine the standard propeller is alloy. There are five optional choices of propeller size.
This Yamaha 2.5hp engine is a very good quality, well-built and reliable outboard engine. It is a simple and straightforward four stroke outboard engine.
This Yamaha 2.5hp unit is slightly heavier than the Suzuki equivalent, however this Yamaha 2.5hp engine is very well-built and reliable, with no known vices. However the weight of the Yamaha 2.5hp does reflect the very good build quality.
The Yamaha F2.5 is probably the best made and highest quality 2.5hp engine sold in the UK boating market.
When compared with other 2.5hp outboard engines sold on the UK market today, we have to say that the great build quality of the Yamaha F2.5hp does make it stand out; it will last for years. The Yamaha 2.5hp four-stroke is never ever seen in our workshop, except for routine servicing (now that is me tempting fate!). However it has to be said that the Yam's direct competitor in the2.5hp catagory, the Suzuki DF2.5 is fractionally lighter and also quite a bit cheaper to buy; thus one needs to make an informed decision about cost vis quality when comparing Yamaha and Suzuki 2.5hp outboard engines. However Yamaha's engineers undoubtedly got it right with the design of the oil-ways inside their 2.5hp engine: something Honda noticeably failed to do with their air-cooled 2.3hp Honda (our observation: a very very rare fail by Honda's superb engineers on that occasion). Interestingly the Torqeedo electric 4hp Travel 1003S is also now muscling into the market for small portable engines for tenders etc - however that one is a lot more expensive to buy (nearly double).
For all leisure users, the Yamaha F2.5 engine comes with a five year warranty. For all commercial users, the Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine comes with a two year warranty (with terms). There are terms and conditions for servicing to maintain the Yamaha warranty. The 2.5hp engine needs to be serviced regularly by any Yamaha approved dealership, using genuine parts.
The service interval on the Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine is annually, or after every 100 hours of operation.
For 2018, the routine servicing costs (annual service or every 100 hours) at Pennine Marine’s workshop on your new Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine would be 136.00 incl VAT. This includes all the Yamaha recommended standard service items, all Yamaha genuine parts and all oils and greases. This servicing price for the Yamaha 2.5hp engine excludes all damage repairs and non-standard service items.
For all leisure users, the new Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine for sale here at Pennine Marine comes with a five year warranty. For all commercial users, the new Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine comes with a two year limited hours warranty.
There are terms and conditions for the Yamaha warranty on your new 2.5hp outboard engine. Your new 2.5hp Yamaha outboard engine needs to be serviced regularly, by any Yamaha approved outboard engine dealership, using only genuine Yamaha parts.
The service interval on the Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine is normally annually, or after every 100 hours of operation.
Yamaha F2.5 ENGINE. MANUFACTURER'S WARRENTY.
- For all leisure users, the Yamaha F2.5 engine comes with a five year manufacturers warranty.
- For all commercial users, the Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine comes with a two-year, limited-hours warranty.
- There are manufacturers terms and conditions for the Yamaha warranty.
- Please note that, during the Yamaha warrenty period (as above) the engine must be serviced regularly by any Yamaha approved dealership, using only genuine Suzuki parts.
Yamaha F2.5 ENGINE. 2.5hp SERVICE INTERVALS.
- The service interval on the Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine is initially after 20 hour for the first (minor) service. This one is at the end of the running-in period
- Then (after that initial servicing) for your new 2.5hp engine you will then need either an annual service: or a service after every 100 hours of operation.
- Most leisure users (except sailing clubs) will probably be on the annual service cycle.
Yamaha F2.5 ENGINE - WORKSHOP SERVICING IN SKIPTON.
also known as .......you can let us do all the dirty work for you...
For the Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine; the full annual service available here in our approved Skipton workshop includes:
- we then carry out a full visual assessment of your engine
- we then carry out a running "power on in the test tank" - to check for any running faults
ALL STANDARD SERVICE ITEMS ARE THEN CHECKED AND REPLACED WITH NEW PARTS AS FOLLOWS:
All as per Yamaha F2.5 engine servicing manual recommendations. Only genuine Yamaha parts are used throughout.
- Replacing the spark plug.
- Replacing all oil filters.
- Replacing all fuel filters.
- Changing both the engine and gearbox oils.
- Checking all engine anodes (both internal and external anodes) - and replacing all worn anodes if necessary.
- Checking the thremostat operation (however please note the thermostat replacement is only "if required" - so a replacement part is extra)
- Replacement of impeller (water pump)
- Changing all gaskets and seals (taken off during service) with all-new seals and gaskets
- Please note that all old/removed parts are made available for our customers to inspect (before we dispose of them)
- We then throughly lubricate all moving parts inside the engine - as per the Yamaha recommendations
- We complete each service with a through safety check of each engine - as per the Yamaha recommendations
- This includes checking the operation of the vital kill cord / emergency kill swich
- On computerised engines, we then check all data logs and log these onto our system
- We then run the engine throughly in our test tank
STANDARD YAMAHA F2.5 OUTBOARD 2018 SERVICING COST IN WORKSHOP - ITEMISED BREAKDOWN
Please note that this assumes there are no known running faults; repairs nor damaged items:
- PARTS - all new Yamaha genunine F2.5 service parts = incl. VAT = 38.30
- OILS: oils, lubricants and grease consumable items for F2.5 = inc. VAT = 15.66
- LABOUR: 1.25 hours per 2.5hp engine (Yamaha trained technician) = included = 82.50
- VAT at 20% = included above
- (note: Yamaha F2.5 service without VAT = 113.72)
- STANDARD YAMAHA 2.5hp : ANNUAL SERVICE OR 100 hours: TOTAL including VAT = 136.47
- TRAVEL TO SITE - if required, travel out will depend on distance from Skipton. Please add on separately
YAMAHA F2.5 SERVICE KITS (YAMAHA GENUINE MARINE PARTS)
- For the Yamaha F2.5 outboard engine, the full Yamaha "genuine parts" service kit is available from ourselves.
- This allow you to do your own home servicing of this Yamaha 2.5hp engine.
- We can supply this Yamaha F2.5 genuine parts and service kit either with or without the engine and gearbox oil.
- Yamaha genunine parts kit for routine servicing of a F2.5 engine, any year (please give us your engine number)
- Yamaha F2.5 SERVICE KIT (collected) without oils = 38.40 incl VAT
- UK MAINLAND POSTAGE = 10.00
YOUR OWN 2.5hp ENGINE'S UNIQUE SERIAL NUMBER
- We supply all outboard engine service parts, including the Yamaha F2.5 genuine parts kits, specifically for a named 2.5hp Yamaha engine.
- Please note that on the yamaha F2.5, as with most outboard engines, there are some very slight differences between the service parts needed / specified on different production batches.
- That is why we insist on always having your own unique serial numbers, rather than using a "generic quote".
- This ensures you get exactly the right parts for your own Yamaha 2.5hp engine - with no mistakes and no "near misses" !
Therefore we need your own outboard engine's unique serial number.........
- This unique number is found on the "identification plate on the side of the engine mounting bracket.