The Old Town Discovery canoe is the most popular traditional canoe ever made. The Old Town Discovery canoe is perennially popular with families, clubs and activity centres. The Old Town Discovery canoe has been made for over 25 years and remains very popular as a traditional recreational or touring canoe.
Product Page Title: OVERVIEW
The hull of the three main models in Old Town Discovery canoe range are all stable, but agile and therefore very easy to handle. The Old Town Discovery canoe’s bottom is a shallow arch, idea for beach landings, the sides are straight and there is a moderate rocker. The gunwales on the Discovery canoe are narrow vinyl.
The best seller of the entire Old Town canoe range, the Old Town Discovery canoe is available in three sizes.
The specifications of these three Old Town Discovery canoe models are;
- Old Town Discovery Canoe 119 - 3.6m (11 foot 9 inches) - weight 19kg - capacity 200kg - designed for solo excursions
- Old Town Discovery Canoe 158 - 4.8m (15 foot 8 inches) - weight 36.3kg - capacity 450kg - designed for family trips
- Old Town Discovery Canoe 169 - 5.1m (16 foot 9 inches) - weight 38.5kg - capacity 635kg - designed for long range expeditions
All Old Town Discovery canoes sizes and models are available in either traditional dark green colour or pillarbox red colour.
Here at Pennine Marine - the largest marine dealership in Northern England - we are abe to offer you our very best prices on Old Town Discovery traditional open canoes.
The prices below for new Old Town Discovery canoes - the 119, 158 and 169 models - all include UK VAT at 20%.
- Old Town Discovery Canoe - 119 - 3.6m (11 foot 9 inches) - our price -poa
- Old Town Discovery Canoe - 169 - 5.1m (16 foot 9 inches) - our price - poa
Please note that we offer a wide range of paddles and bouyancy aids to go with the range of Old Town Discovery Canoes. These paddles and bouyancy aids to go with your new Old Town Discovery canoe are purchased separately.
Please see the separate entry for the similar, but separate model the Old Town Discovery - Sport 15 - 5.1m (16 foot 9 inches).
If you are an activity centre, canoe club, watersports instructor etc and you wish to purchase more than one Old Town Discovery canoe, please contact us at Pennine Marine for a competitive quote.