Training Centres for Powerboating
There are numerous RYA registered powerboat training centres throughout Northern England – far more than you may think for an region often ignored by the “great and the good” of the boating world (who never leave the Solent).
Throughout Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cheshire and the Lake District (Cumbria) Pennine Marine know over 80 good powerboat training centres – and the numbers grow every year.
Please note that these RYA powerboat training centres are a variety of different organisations- private boat clubs, activity centres, professional “one man” trainers” and larger sail training companies.
Almost all of these centres undertake powerboat level 2 training – the most common course. Far fewer do the advanced powerboating courses.
The centres locally that are available for powerboat training for the public are;
- Hollingworth Lakes – in the Pennines
- Beauleu Park – Pately Bridge
- Doe Park – Denholme, near Bradford
- Pugneys- - Wakefield
- Leeds Sailing and Activity Centre – Yeadon
There are numerous other local clubs which carry out powerboat training – please contact the club secretary for details. However membership is often required. The major clubs locally are
- Yorkshire Dales Sailing Club – Grimwith Reservoir, near Grassington
- Leeds Sailing Club – Yeadon
- Otley Sailing Club – Otley